Class meets (1) Wednesday, 10/21. Course fee is per couple: Please register only one person. List the name of the person attending the class with you when prompted. *Please Note: Courtesy reminders with be emailed at least 3 days prior to start of class; please make sure you enter a valid email address upon registering if you want a reminder. You also can take advantage of the automated class reminder on our Web-Store when registering, located in the upper right-hand corner under Event Action.*
After being told for years that Social Security is "going broke," baby boomers are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions you make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime.
This informative seminar covers the basics of Social Security and reveals strategies for maximizing your benefits. This is one of the longest continuously running educational programs on the subject in Monroe County!
What will be covered in this class!
- Five factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income.
Course fee is per couple: Please register only one person. List the name of the person attending the class with you when prompted.